Who we are
Extreme Broadband is an Internet Service Provider licensed by the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission.
What We Do
We deliver reliable, high-performance network solutions to enterprises, financial services institutions, as well as educational institutions throughout Malaysia. Incorporated in 2005, we specialise in the provision of next-generation connectivity services catering to corporations and enterprises who are shifting towards business digitalisation.
Purpose Of The Roles
Operator in a Data Center involves various functions; the job description example shown below gives the major tasks, duties, and responsibilities usually assigned to the position in most firms:
- Install and configure computer hardware and software systems
- Monitor computer systems and networks to ensure they function efficiently
- Communicate with clients over the phone or face-to-face to assist them in setting up systems or resolving issues
- Troubleshoot network and system problems to provide solutions to hardware/software defect
- Follow instructions contained in the equipment manual when setting up a system or conducting repairs
- Create and set up new user accounts/profiles, as well as address issues with passwords
- Establish and maintain a positive trust relationship with customers and with data specialists such as programmers
- Perform tests to verify the functionality and usability of new technology
- Present to company management reports of IT/systems support services
- Offer recommendations on customer learning requirements during the development of client training programs
- Conduct research to identify ways of improving current system performance
- Produce shift status reports communicating shift operations and issues to superiors
- Maintain inventory of data centre supplies such as printers, scanners, and copiers
- Implement procedures, policies, and standards to ensure work operations are effective
- Participate in educational programs and workshops to improve on existing job knowledge/skills
Requirements & Skills
- To become a data centre operator, you require a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer networking/hardware, or in other related disciplines.
- Preferable in-depth knowledge of applications by Microsoft, UNIX, Linux or Cisco technologies
- Data Center operators are able to work with IT support and other data centre personnel to ensure uptime maximisation
- Able to produce concise reports on data centre operations, training will be provided
- IT Skill: They are proficient in designing, operating, and maintaining computer network systems.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED ACCORDINGLY