This Privacy Statement sets out how Extreme Broadband Sdn Bhd and its related and/or subsidiary companies (collectively referred to as “EBB”, “us” or “we”) collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
THIS POLICY EXPLAINS:
the type of personal data we collect and how we collect it;
how we use your personal data;
the parties that we disclose the personal data to; and
the choices we offer, including how to access and update your personal data.
WHAT CONSTITUTES AS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Statement is applicable only if you are a natural person / an individual.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE COLLECTED FROM YOU:
In order for us to provide you with our Products and/or Services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner by providing you with the best service possible, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following: –
- personal information to establish your identity and background such as your full name, passport or identity card number, nationality and religion;
- contact information such as billing address, premises address for the supply of our Services, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address;
- payment information such as your debit or credit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address, expiry date and other bank account details;
- sensitive information such as your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is necessary due to exceptional circumstances to serve you better and meet your needs;
- recording of your image via CCTV cameras installed at our premises;
- recording of your photograph during any of our corporate events or third-party open day;
- recording of calls placed by you to our customer services
- function or post when you commence a business relationship with us;
- resume or CVs when you apply job with us;
- For general web browsing although no personal data is revealed to us, certain technical and statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider such as cookies, your IP address, the time, date and duration of your visit. If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such personal data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the purposes as listed below;
- lodge a complaint with us;
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy).
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect and use personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement, for one or more of the following purposes: –
- to verify your identity;
- to assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services;
- to provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested;
- to administer and manage the Products and/or Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts);
- to investigate and resolve any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our network, Products and Services with our customer relations teams;
- to assess and/or verify credit worthiness;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity;
- to manage our networks;
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested;
- to engage in business transactions in respect of Products and/or Services to be offered and provided to you;
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you;
- to process any communications, you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks);
- to help us monitor and improve the performance of our network, Products and Services, our customer relations teams and service providers and the EBB Websites and to make these more efficient;
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- to manage staff training and quality assurance;
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services
- to determine how can we improve services to you;
- to produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual;
- to investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving the EBB
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research);
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
TO WHOM WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies;
- government agencies;
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information;
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the EBB
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third-party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you. In certain instances, we may disclose your personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our merchants and strategic partners where you have subscribed for particular Services or Products which require such disclosure, and/or where your consent has been obtained, subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to EBB. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations. If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the via the contact details provided below. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
INCOMPLETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Products and/or Services.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by contacting us via the contact details provided below. You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We shall charge a processing fee for searching for and providing you with access to your personal information to cover administration costs. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee. Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event, we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
WHAT ARE YOUR OBLIGATIONS?
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting us via the contact details provided below. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our Products and/or Services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the Products and/or Services. In the event you may need to provide us with personal information relating to third parties (for example about your spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organisation or company) for dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service and/or product that they will use), you confirm that you have (i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us and for us to use accordingly, and (ii) informed them to read this Privacy Statement at our website at stage.ebb.my/privacy-policy/
ONLINE DEALINGS WITH EBB
We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website. Links to Third Party Websites Please be informed that this Privacy Statement applies solely to EBB Websites and does not apply to any third-party websites you may access from our websites. To determine how they deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE MALAYSIA
Any personal data, which you volunteer to us, will be treated with the highest standards of security strictly in accordance with the PDPA 2010. It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside Malaysia if any of our service providers or business partners are involved in providing part of a services are located in countries outside Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal data outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such service providers or business partners are contractually bound not to use your personal data for any reason other than to provide the services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal data.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
The security of your personal data is our priority. EBB takes all physical, technical and organisational measures needed to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data. If we disclose any of your personal data to our authorised agents or service providers, we will require them to appropriately safeguard the personal data provided to them.
HOW LONG MAY WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements. Afterwards we will destruct or permanently delete your data.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
EBB is committed to protecting your personal data. If you have questions or comments about EBB’s administration of personal data relating to electricity supply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03-8888 8188