Who we are
Extreme Broadband is an Internet Service Provider licensed by the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission.
What We Do
We deliver reliable, high-performance network solutions to enterprises, financial services institutions, as well as educational institutions throughout Malaysia. Incorporated in 2005, we specialize in the provision of next-generation connectivity services catering to corporations and enterprises who are shifting towards business digitalization.
Specific Objectives/ Targets
TEAM VISION: To be recognized by the industry for service excellence and best customer service.
Maintaining the service level with the customer and ensuring response time is met.
- Perform day-to-day technical support and fault management for all network products and services, monitoring alarms on customer routers and DDoS.
- Manage day-to-day operational matters and functions of the SOC including daily traffic health reporting.
- To manage customer service problems/network outages as per SOC processes and procedures
- To adhere to SOC processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- To perform escalation as per SOC processes and procedures during service problems/network outages
- To perform first-level troubleshooting during service/network outages
- To perform escalation as per SOC’s procedures, especially for cases involving the Core Network and/or Physical Last-Mile Access Layer.
- To manage customers during service/network outages
- To do escalation to other Department such as TAC/System during outages according to the SOP
- Responsible for problem/incident management, tracking of all issues, escalation and reporting according to the established SOP
- To monitor network and services as per SOC processes and procedures
- To manage Data Center access as per SOP and adhere to customer’s visits as well as requests.
- To well versed with Telegram and a fast learner.
- To provide monthly reporting & incident reports to the customer
- To provide incident reports for every fault that was raised
- Rebooting or power cycling equipment
- Resetting of sub-equipment by ejecting the device and re-inserting it
- Reading serial numbers on the equipment
- Relaying status of the equipment status indicators
- Pushing a button or toggling a switch
- First-time patching for newly laid JB cross-connect order
- Providing visual verification (remote eyes) to assist in troubleshooting efforts
- Plugging in a console port for remote management
- Troubleshooting your equipment with your assistance
- Taking inventory or taking digital pictures of your equipment/ allocated rack space within the data centre
- Assisting with physical installation, relocation or movement of your equipment
Requirements & Skills
- A flexible individual who is able to adapt well.
- Able to handle pressure as job scope entails meeting high standards of organizational KPIs
- Willing to work on 24 x 7 shift and standby.
- Proficient in written and oral English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Minimum qualifications: Degree in Data Communications and Networking, any Engineering field.
- 1 to 2 years experience in a Network Operation Centre environment. Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Work Location in Johor Bahru & Willingness to travel for any ad-hoc project basis
- If an employee does not meet the mandatory or essential elements of this Job Profile, the employee appointed to this position must make every endeavour or undertake to bridge the gap within the agreed time frame.
- It is understood that any employee shall perform any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time depending on the circumstances and needs and should render fullest cooperation and commitment.