- This year, 90% of companies are expected to have at least some of their applications or infrastructure based in the cloud.
- The flexibility, scalability and efficiency of distributed workforces is intensifying the demands on the wide area networks (WANs) that connect employees across cities, countries, and continents.
- SD-WAN market is expected to grow significantly in the next five to six years from the market size of $501.3 million in 2017 to over $12.11 billion by 2023.
What is SD-WAN?
- It’s short for software-defined wide area network and it’s an evolution of the WANs that most businesses use to connect geographically distributed locations like branch offices and work sites.
How does it help?
- One of the biggest game-changers is that it intelligently mixes and matches connection links in real time to avoid dropouts and outages.
Other benefits of SD-WAN include:
- More Security : Businesses receive end-to-end encryption with endpoint authentication for all network-wide.
- Less Work: Policies and quality of service standards to be centrally managed, eliminating the need for tedious, time-consuming manual configuration.
- Less Expenditure: Can reduce CAPEX by optimising the use of less expensive resources such as cable, fibre and mobile connections.
- Cloud computing 2018: How enterprise adoption is taking shape
- Market Outlook: Software-Defined Wide-Area Network (SD-WAN), 2018-2023, Worldwide